Friday, October 11, 2013

The Better Bat

Really -- how dare someone post such a piece of unmitigated garbage? I tatted the bat last night and discovered that I didn't do what I thought I did at all. So, I fixed the pattern. This one really IS what I do.This time I used the double-double stitch -- the whole thing -- on the wings. The little bat is so much more substantial and looks better to me. Of course, I still pinned them out on the starch board so I could stretch those little fingers and toes into claws. This is better though, much better. Anybody that printed out the other pattern, please throw it away!


4 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Must be that time of the year, Marty. I really made a mess of my witch!!! I started it before I went on holiday and wrongly assumed it was finished when I came back and published it!!! You're not alone!!! I LOVE your little bat and sincerely wish I'd designed it.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Again, appreciate your efforts (and angst)! It's a clever design. It's also interesting to see what our talented tatting designers go through!

Margarets designer cards said...

Don't worry we all do it, and I am sure no one will complain, I must try your bat he looks great.
Margaret

Quayceetatter said...

Thanks for the bat pattern. I have been using Mark's bat pattern and it is nice to have a mix of different bats!! Will tat some up and put them on my pumpkin wallhanging.